At Zotter you can get a complete chocolate experience. From the cocoa bean to the finished product. If you have found something you like you can even create your own chocolates, with the ingredients you fancy.
We can provide accessible services for
- People with motor impairments
- People who use a wheelchair
- People of very large or small stature
- People who are deaf or have hearing impairments
- People without speech or with speech impairments
- People who are blind or have vision impairments
- People with learning difficulties, autism, other cognitive and developmental impairments
- People with allergy or asthma
- People with long-term health problems (e.g. respiratory and circulatory conditions or invisible disabilities)
- People who are frail, lacking in strength or stamina
- People who use any kind of technical assistive devices
Zotter is very open to all kind of customers. The shop and other premises are renovated and have step-free access routes. The area is large and varied.
Some visit points like the Schokoladentheater are not easily reachable by Wheelchairs.
There is a drop-off point for passengers outside the venue.
You can reach us:
- by bus
- by train / tram / metro / underground
- by taxi
- by car
- by boat / ferry
- by our own transfer vehicle (mini-bus / van).
AT THE VENUE
- We have evacuation procedures in case of emergency.
- Evacuation routes are signposted.
- We have a private parking area for our guests.
- There are 2 designated parking spaces for people with disabilities.
- There is public parking at 80 metres from our premises.
- The pavement surface of the route to the entrance is made of asphalt
- The route to the entrance is sloping
The accessible parking space is located in front of the entrance to the chocolate shop. Another large parking space is located approximately 80m from the museum.
- The main entrance can be reached by a ramp.
- The slope of the ramp is 2 %.
- The clear width of the ramp is 150 cm.
- There are tactile and visual markings indicating the beginning and end of the ramp.
- The main entrance door is manual.
- The clear width of the door opening, when fully open is 90 cm.
- There are safety markings or labels on large glass doors or windows to avoid people walking into them by accident
- The entrance is well lit.
- The entrance is covered/sheltered.
One reaches the entrance via an asphalted, artistically designed path. The shop is an experience in itself and is entirely threshold-free. The “chocolate theatre” museum) is not completely step-free, but is accessible for wheelchairs.
Corridors and access routes
- The corridors /access routes’ minimum width is 100 cm.
- The floors of the corridors/access routes are: stone
- There are public use toilets at our premises.
- There are public use toilet(s) for people with disabilities.
- The toilet door clear width when fully open is 90 cm.
- There are support handrails beside the toilet (indicate they are on one or on both sides)
- The width of the floor space at the left side of the toilet is 20 cm.
- The width of the floor space at the right side of the toilet is 40 cm.
- The length of the floor space in front of the toilet is 100 cm.
- The height of the free space from the floor to the underside of the washbasin is 75 cm.
- The toilet floor is: stone There is a safety alarm in the toilet.
- Changing facilities for babies are available.
The lavatory is located on the right of the exit of the shop. It has no threshold.
See size limits around toilet, above.
- Waiter service available.
- The minimum width of passage between tables and chairs is 100 cm.
- The height of self-service counters is 100 cm.
- Large print menus are available
- Menus describe the ingredients of meals
The accessibility information was collected through Pantou Access Statement – www.pantou.org
The Pantou Access Statement, when completed by a supplier, is intended only as an advisory document and it cannot guarantee the level of accessibility that is stated by the said supplier. Neither Pantou, ENAT or the European Commission can be held responsible for any loss or damages that may result from the use of information that is contained in the Pantou Access Statement. Visitors are always advised to contact the establishment / company in advance of a visit or making a booking to verify the information that is given in this statement.