Name: Burg Riegersburg
Address: Riegersburg 1, 8333 Riegersburg, Austria
Telephone: +43 3153 82 131
Opening Hours: Start of season 2017: Sat, 1 April April & October: daily 10:00 – 18:00 Last admission to castle rooms at 17:00 May – September: daily 09:00 – 18:00 Last admission to castle rooms at 17:00.
Booking: Via website
It is possible to reach the castle on foot from the village centre or by a funicular on the northeast face of the volcano. The castle museum shows the history of the 17th century castle. It also accommodates the witch museum and the weapons museum. The view of the Riegersburg during the sunny days is a pure optical joy. The wine road is curvy and meanders through the hills and valleys of the East Styrian vineyards.
We can provide accessible services for
- People with motor impairments
- People who use a wheelchair
- People of very large or small stature
- People who are deaf or have hearing impairments
- People without speech or with speech impairments
- People who are blind or have vision impairments
- People with learning difficulties, autism, other cognitive and developmental impairments
- People with allergy or asthma
- People with long-term health problems (e.g. respiratory and circulatory conditions or invisible disabilities)
- People who are frail, lacking in strength or stamina
- People who use any kind of technical assistive devices
- People with assistance dogs / guide dogs
- People requiring personal assistance (non-medical care/support)
AT THE VENUE
- Assistance/guide dogs are allowed on our premises.
- We have evacuation procedures in case of emergency.
- Evacuation routes are signposted.
- There is public parking at 20 metres from our premises. Next to Lift going up the rock
- The pavement surface of the route to the entrance is made of gravel and asphalt
- The route to the entrance is flat
The parking space is made from gravel.
- The main entrance has (insert number of steps).
- The steps at the main entrance have a handrail on one side.
- The main entrance door is manual.
- The clear width of the door opening, when fully open is 90 cm.
- The entrance is well lit.
- The entrance is covered/sheltered.
The lift to Regensburg castle is located here. The premises of the castle has several thresholds and partly uneven paths.
Corridors and access routes
- The corridors /access routes’ minimum width is 80 cm.
- The floors of the corridors/access routes are: wooden or made of
- There are public use toilets at our premises.
- There are public use toilet(s) for people with disabilities.
- The toilet door clear width when fully open is 90 cm.
- There are support handrails beside the toilet (indicate they are on one or on both sides)
- The width of the floor space at the left side of the toilet is 50 cm.
- The width of the floor space at the right side of the toilet is 50 cm.
- The length of the floor space in front of the toilet is 120 cm.
- The height of the toilet seat from the floor is 46 cm.
- The height of the free space from the floor to the underside of the washbasin is 75 cm.
- There is a safety alarm in the toilet.
Pathways and access routes
- Pathways and access routes have a minimum width of 80 cm.
- The surfaces of pathways and access routes are paving stones gravel or asphalt
- The seating area allows space for wheelchair users.
- Seating is provided for visitors.
- Shelters /shaded areas are provided to protect from the weather.
The accessibility information was collected through Pantou Access Statement – www.pantou.org
The Pantou Access Statement, when completed by a supplier, is intended only as an advisory document and it cannot guarantee the level of accessibility that is stated by the said supplier. Neither Pantou, ENAT or the European Commission can be held responsible for any loss or damages that may result from the use of information that is contained in the Pantou Access Statement. Visitors are always advised to contact the establishment / company in advance of a visit or making a booking to verify the information that is given in this statement.